Ever since its inception the E.R.R.C. had humanitarian aid as its prime mission especially in the island of Gozo. During major national emergencies, like fire-works explosion, Covid-19, and whenever called on by the Civil Protection Department, E.R.R.C. volunteers have risen to the occasion and provided assistance. During the still on-going pandemic the E.R.R.C. provided help in the form of:
- Transportation of symptomatic patients to the Xewkija swabbing centre;
- Logistically assisting the operations at the Xewkija swabbing centre;
- Directing and controlling patients at the Xewkija swabbing centre;
- Use of E.R.R.C. ambulances to transport physically challenged persons;
- Screening of general public at various locations around Gozo;
- Assisting the Gozitan Foundation for Social Welfare Services in the transportation and distribution of State Funded Food Supplies.